Hotchkiss Truly Helps
Hotchkiss Helps, the charitable fundraising arm of Hotchkiss Insurance, has been proudly supporting a number of local charities since 2008. In 2015, Hotchkiss kicked off a new initiative that expands our support efforts to include both national and local charities raising over $42,000.
We started with No-Shave November 2015, where our male employees grew facial hair through the month while soliciting donations. We raised $16,000 for the CERN Foundation which supports finding a cure for Ependymoma Brain Cancer. The success in this friendly internal competition led to No-Shave November 2016, where we raised over $15,000 for the Texas Chapter of the ALS Association in honor of two individuals close to the Hotchkiss Insurance family.
Hotchkiss Insurance encourages, promotes and supports our associate’s involvements within our communities to give back to those in need in a variety of different ways. These are some of the ways we helped in 2016:
- We ranked 3 out of 33 corporate teams raising $5,825 for American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life
- Donated 35 turkeys to feed 35 foster care families in Denton County
- Donated a new oven to a women’s shelter for victims of domestic violence in Plano
- Provided Turkeys for Troops! We fried up over 35 turkeys to feed our troops based in San Antonio who were not able to go home for the holidays
- Working with the Independent Insurance Agents of Houston Charity Bowling event, we contributed over $2,200 toward Children’s Charities throughout Houston
Hotchkiss Insurance believes in giving back to our community. We live by our motto- Helping Hands….. Helping Hearts: Meeting the Needs of Others. As we enter the New Year, we would like to thank all our donors for making 2016 a spectacular year and we look forward to another impactful year in 2017.